Warning: This post contains graphic images.
For many women, getting a manicure is the perfect way to pamper yourself. They are meant to be a relaxing, enjoyable experience; however, that was not the case for Ashley Bishop.
Imagine going to the nail salon for a relaxing manicure only to end up with a highly dangerous and infectious disease. Ashley Bishop contracted a severe case of MRSA following her visit to the World Nail Salon on Coliseum Blvd. in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Not only did the infection cause her to lose her job, but she was forced to wear gloves for almost an entire year in order to prevent the infection from spreading to her 3 small children. Can you imagine the physical and emotional toll this must have caused?
Attorney Robert Boughter stated that it was “one of the worst MRSA infections I have ever seen in my practice with near total destruction of all of Ashley’s nails.” He also went on to defend his client saying, “No one should go to a nail salon and walk away forever injured due to a salon’s failure to properly sanitize its instruments.”
At Boughter Sinak, LLC, we understand that when you come to us your life has been impacted and we take your claims seriously. On December 4, 2017, the law firm of Boughter Sinak, LLC filed a lawsuit in the Allen County Superior Court against World Nail Salon. The suit will seek to hold World Nail Salon liable for the infection and resulting injuries and damages to Ms. Bishop, including permanent scarring, disfigurement, and damage to her nail unit, pre-disposition to future bacterial and fungal infections, emotional distress, pain and suffering, wage loss, and medical expenses.
If you are suffering due to a company’s negligence, you need a fighter on your side, too. Contact us at Boughter Sinak, LLC for a free evaluation. What do you have to lose?