Types of truck accident cases we handle in South Bend
Truck accidents on I-90 and other major roads and highways in and around South Bend happen for many different reasons. Often, it’s because a truck driver behaved in a reckless or negligent manner, which simply means they shouldn’t have been doing something before your crash. Some of the most common – and most serious – truck accidents we deal with at our South Bend law firm include:
- Rollover truck accidents (often due to poorly loaded or overloaded tractor trailers)
- Jackknife truck accidents (trailer part of tractor-trailer folds in on itself during crash)
- Distracted driving truck accidents (truck driver not paying attention)
- Texting truck accidents (sadly common, even though it’s illegal for truck drivers to text)
- Speeding truck accidents (commercial trucks take longer to stop at high speeds)
- Asleep at the wheel truck accidents (many truckers work long hours and fall asleep)
Whatever type of truck accident you’re dealing with in South Bend, we want to help you get you life back on track.
Count on our South Bend truck accident attorneys in a crisis
Commercial truck accidents are among the most complicated cases we deal with at our South Bend law firm. That’s because you’re often not simply dealing with a truck driver. Instead, there’s also often the trucking company to deal with, as well as the insurance company and their attorneys.
And it’s important to act fast for several reasons. First, you only have a limited amount of time to take legal action. In most cases, that deadline (known as the “statute of limitations”) is two years in Indiana. But long before then, trucking companies can legally destroy certain, critical accident data, which could be used to strengthen your legal claim.
Our legal team can demand access to such important information. We know how to analyze accident reports. We frequently consult with accident-reconstruction experts. And the insurance providers or trucking company refuses to cooperate, we’re prepared to file a lawsuit on your behalf and take them to court.
Put your trust in a South Bend truck accident lawyer who puts your best interests first. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation at our South Bend, Indiana office today.