We review all of the trucking company's records
One of the big challenges in truck accident cases is that the trucking company itself controls most of the relevant evidence - and they may be able to hide or destroy it unless an attorney intervenes quickly. We will fight to preserve and review all of the evidence associated with your truck accident, including:
- Hours of Service (HOS) Logs: Was the truck driver in compliance with federal regulations? Did he take mandatory rest breaks? This may show that the driver was fatigued or asleep at the wheel.
- Maintenance Records: The trucking company has a responsibility to keep each truck properly maintained. Trouble with the brakes, engine, tires or another component may have caused your crash.
- GPS Data: The "black box" data can tell us the truck's speed and direction of travel at the time of impact. We can also cross-reference this data with the HOS log - if we find that the truck was moving when the log showed that the driver was resting, that could indicate the log was falsified.
- Hiring and Supervision Records: Did the driver have a history of drunk or reckless driving? Did the trucking company conduct a proper background check? If the trucking company knowingly hired a dangerous driver or knowingly kept him employed even after they became aware of his record, that is clear negligence.
- Eyewitness Reports: A witness may be able to tell us that the trucker appeared intoxicated or fatigued, was speeding, or otherwise was at fault for the crash.
- Truck Driver's Statements: Sometimes, the information we need comes straight from the truck driver. For example, we might analyze the driver's statements and find that he or she may not actually remember what happened, which is a sign of falling asleep at the wheel.
Here in Indiana, juries don't fall for smoke and mirrors. They want to see hard evidence, and we know exactly how to find it. Our thorough investigation is the key to building a strong case for the compensation you need and deserve. The trucking company and their insurance company may put their best people on the case, but we can match them shot for shot.
Don't hesitate - put our attorneys on your side. Boughter Sinak, LLC will thoroughly investigate and build a strong case against the trucking company. Call 1-877-962-4373 or contact us online for a free consultation.